Monday, August 1, 2011

Munchie Mondays

I am officially instating Munchie Mondays, in which I will post about all things munch-able. Tonight I'm making spaghetti with a lemon and olive oil sauce, topped with red and yellow bell peppers, and black olives. Very yummy. I decided to try something I've never done before- roasting peppers in the oven, then peeling the skin off of them. It works! I always thought it was something that only worked for the professional chefs on TV, but real people can do it too. The roasting gives the peppers a great flavor. Here's how it's done:


- Preheat oven to 400.
- Wash peppers.
- Drizzle olive oil in oven-safe pan. Place peppers in pan, making sure that all sides of the peppers have oil on them.
- Put peppers in the oven for about 10 minutes. Sizzling and browning is a good thing.
- After you take the pan of peppers out of the oven, immediately place the peppers in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. 
- Let the peppers cool, about 10 minutes.
- Once the peppers are cool enough to touch, peel the skin off. If it's a little difficult, try running them under cold water.
- Voila!



No comments:

Post a Comment